Thursday, April 30, 2009

Lucky...


Well, today for about two hours, I thought I might have the chance again to go on the Malawi, Africa trip at work next week. It was a long shot to begin with because it would be so last minute, as someone got sick and suddenly isn't going now. So I got up the courage to, um well, beg, and still no luck! But, you know what? I'm ok! And if I really want to go to Africa, which I really, really do, I know I'll make it one day.

Kind of like this whole "get out of debt- lose weight" cycle I've been on...I've done it before, I know I can, and I really want it, so I just have to keep the wheels in motion! But it's so easy in the hard moments to say, nah, I really don't want to wear all the beautiful, fun, cute and skinny clothes I have in my closet, and I don't care that I get winded just going up the stairs, I really just wanna SCARF down this candy bar!!! Or, I really don't care if I ever go on another vacation, get a new car, or buy a house, I NEED these freaking shoes! Do I really??? Um no!!!!

I also went to the temple tonight and it was marvelous as always. I do sort of get distracted at the beginning and think, wow, I don't know if I can sit here for the next hour and a half and be attentive and focused. Then somehow, the time passes by, and the peaceful and relaxed feeling comes, and then I sort of don't want to leave! But tonight especially, I was trying to appreciate the moment, the gift of time that we all have. To focus on this one event and just try to take it in and enjoy it. Cause you know, how many billions of people that have ever lived, will ever set foot in a temple? And I, I have the luxury of going every day if I wanted to! And how many people ever in the history of the world have had that opportunity? Not many...even today. And even if every person did have the opportunity, then we would all only go ONE time for ourselves! So you know, going through the temple for other people is such an amazing gift to give them, but truly, isn't it even more incredible to have the chance to go ourselves again? :)

Life if tough, things don't always go our way, but there is always a silver lining. So I guess I mean to say, I don't get to go to Africa, but today I still feel blessed.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have a blog! First of all - you are a fabulous writer! Second - dreams come true! You WILL get to Africa one day!

    ReplyDelete