Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Help?

Well, I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to, so if anyone has some good advice, please let me know!

I'm going to be vague, but how do you or what do you say to people who ask too personal of questions? Or, who ask you questions that are nosy and all you want to say is "it's none of your dang business" without actually saying "it's none of your dang business"? Or, how do you answer someone without really saying, "you won't understand anyway, so don't ask me questions I can't answer!" Any ideas for me would be fabulous!

I do have some photos I can post from my friend Kody's recent graduation from BYU. We were roomies for a few years and I have to say, I love this girl, and am going to miss her so much now that she's moved to Tennessee!



3 comments:

  1. Good question! It's kind of like asking people who owe you money to pay up. Always kind of awkward! I usually just crack a joke about it being too personal and then laugh it off. It kind of avoids it and then if they are smart, they will pick up that you werent 100% joking

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would hesitate answering, give lot's of extra body language clues to show that the question makes me uncomfortable, give a vague answer, change the subject, or ask them the same personal question back and say "you tell me first." Or maybe even just politely say, "I don't feel comfortable talkig about that."

    It was so fun to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear...I don't know what to say when people ask me these types of questions...like right after I was married a ton of old people would ask me why I wasn't pregnant yet - what do you say to that?

    I think I always just kind of laugh and then ignore them. I'm not sure. If I think of any good ideas I will let you know!

    ReplyDelete