Wednesday, September 23, 2009

100 Things...

I can't think of anything interesting to blog about lately...I think I have some blog anxiety actually, I know this is really just for me, but I worry about what I will write and if it will be interesting to anyone and then I don't! Yeah, kind of the opposite of why I started blogging in the first place!

OK, so I am going to attempt to write more, even if I don't have awesome pictures to post or fun vacations to report on, or amazing food or recipes that I've cooked, etc. So I thought one way to help me get over this is to post the infamous "100 Things About Me" list. Wish me luck!

1- I love Justin
2- I love spending time with my family
3- I love shopping, even when it's just to look
4- I like the thought of cooking and wish that I wanted to do it more often.
5- I really enjoy watching lots of different TV shows
6- I love going to movies, especially with Justin and/or Kellie
7- I keep in touch with friends for years and years. I'm still friends with Brandi since 5th grade.
8- I like to go on drives up the canyon or in the mountains, my mom's fault :)
9- I wish I was as talented as my parents- Mom paints, dad photographs, Susan sews and cooks
10- I love chocolate and prefer it over any candy
11- I love my nephews- Jeremy, Kris and Elias
12- I secretly wish I had been a nurse, paramedic or firefighter (except I only want to work 9-5)
13- I wanted to be a wedding dress designer when I was a kid and used to draw designs in notebooks that are long, long gone.
14- I'm very sentimental and have a hard time parting with things that remind me of good times, ticket stubs, programs, etc.
15- I love taking pictures
16- I want to go to Paris, Rome and London so, so, so, so bad
17- I pretty much want to go everywhere in the world, I want to see everything
18- I think people are so interesting and I'm fascinated by them
19- I would love to be a wife and mother one day
20- I would love to own a home and fix it up just the way I like it
21- I want to have a garden and pick vine ripened tomatoes
22- I wish I had someone who would do all my food prep and then I'd just cook it!
23- I wish I didn't have hypothyroidism
24- I wish I didn't have problems with my ears, but I know these challenges keep me humble, and hey...it could be worse!
25- I love my Church
26- I loved going on a mission and wish that everyone could have such an experience
27- I wish I was rich and could just be a philanthropist
28- I want to go to Malawi, Africa and see the 100,000 trees we've planted there
29- I wish that no one went hungry
30- I wish that people didn't abuse each other
31- I wish that we took better care of our Earth
32- I wish that we could prevent any other animals from becoming extinct
33- I love giraffes
34- I'm 5' 0, which is why I think I love giraffes, they are so tall!
35- I love cute babies and could play with them all day
36- I love looking at other people's photography web sites
37- I love reading people's blogs, I am constantly surprised at the depth, passion, love and beauty in everyone's lives.
38- I love Summer and warm weather
39- I'm trying to love Winter more
40- I can't ever give blood again because of a stupid false testing the Red Cross gave me one time, even though they admit it was their mistake!
41- I play the flute but don't have one anymore
42- I can twirl a giant flag and march at the same time
43- I love roller coasters and hope to go to Cedar Point one day!
44- I love fun surprises
45- I envy families that take big vacations all together
46- I have never been to Hawaii yet
47- I love going to the Sundance Film Festival every year
48- I've seen Brad Pitt in the flesh twice!
49- I've also seen Bruce Willis, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, and Jennifer Aniston and I talked to Jack Black
50- I shook hands with Mikael Gorbechev, met the King and Queen of Sweden and the President of Finland. (The first in DC, the other at the 2002 Olympics)
51- Concerts I've been to- Tiffany, MC Hammer, Gun's N' Roses, R.E.M., Jack Johnson, Norah Jones, NickelCreek, The Fray, Damien Rice, Coldplay- I know there's more but my brain is forgetting now
52- I wish I could take a nap every day
53- I have a hard time going to sleep at night (as you can see)
54- I wish there was more time in the day for myself instead of for my job :)
55- I love reading
56- I used to be an Amway Distributor with my dad and went on super fun trips
57- I used to listen to motivational tapes a lot!
58- In high school my dad paid me to read: Man's Search for Meaning, How to Win Friends and Influence People, The Richest Man in Babylon, and other good reads.
59- I love listening to CNN and The Morning Zoo on ZHT in the morning
60- I usually drink a chocolate SlimFast shake every morning and I never get sick of it!
61- I love when I'm consistent about working out
62- I ran my first half-marathon last month
63- I'm still deciding if I will ever run a full marathon
64- I love Asics running shoes
65- I admire Olympians
66- I used to want to be a US Ambassador
67- I think it would be fun to live in Washington DC, New York, or Boston for a while
68- I love almost all music
69- I love laughing so hard it hurts your belly
70- I love helping others and making their lives better
71- I think mother's and father's have a hard and amazing job
72- I miss my grandparents
73- I love going to our family's cabin in Ruby Valley, NV and fishing for bass
74- I love flowers and plants
75- I wish I could have a dog or cat
76- I love riding horses
77- I love sushi, especially the Vegas Roll from The Happy Sumo
78- I love the movie Pride & Prejudice and watch it over and over
79- I love getting massages, and would have one every day if I could
80- I love having my hair washed and blown out by a stylist
81- I love reading magazines
82- I daydream of laying on a beach by beautiful clear blue waters
83- I have a lot of perfume and usually wear a different scent every day
84- I also have a lot of makeup, but still probably need lessons in application!
85- I love snuggling with Justin and watching videos all night
86- I love cleaning and organizing things and that clean, fresh smell after cleaning!
87- I wish everyone was as clean as I am :)
88- I wish the war was over, but I am so grateful for our soldiers
89- I love America
90- I love patriotism
91- I really like cars and hope one day I can drive a Ferrari just one time!
92- I hope to inspire my primary kids- and hope that something I teach them they'll remember forever
93- I'm so grateful for Justin, Kellie, my parents, other sisters and brothers, friends and anyone else who touches my life for the good.
94- I hope to always prove my loyalty
95- I hope to be remembered by others as someone who cares...
96- I love the rain
97- I wish that I could sing the National Anthem at the opening of the World Series, but alas, I can't sing :)
98- I pray that in the next life I will be able to swim, surf, snorkel, and scuba dive- especially so I'll learn not to be afraid of the ocean any more.
99- I am so blessed.
100- I hope that everyone else's lives are as full and abundant as mine. :)

There you have it! Maybe I'll try to do this at least once and year now and see how it changes.

5 comments:

  1. It was so fun to read this, we love a lot of the same things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea! I learned alot about you from this post. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok i tagged you so now you HAVE to do it, orange stuff away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I feel as tho I know you even more. Love to my sister!

    ReplyDelete