Sunday, February 14, 2010

I Love Valentine's Day

It is mine and Justin's 10th Valentine's together...wow huh?
We celebrated today since the blessed day falls on Sunday this year and had a lovely evening together.  
First, he already gave me a little present about a month ago, an awesome BYU hoodie because in all the years I've lived in Provo and been a fan, I didn't have one!

Oh, and yesterday he gave me the most beautiful bouquet of white daisy's (my fav) so that I could enjoy them for the entire weekend.

We also went to see the new movie Valentine's Day and....hummmm, well it wasn't quite what I was hoping for.  I don't pretend to be a great movie critic, but lately, the rom-com's are not that good.  They are just not "touching" enough, there isn't enough REAL emotional connection that I get from them and this was one (my thoughts also on Dear John and Leap Year).  I think I'm an expert watcher of cheesy love story type movies, some of my favorites being Pride & Prejudice, Sleepless in Seattle, and French Kiss to name a few.  I can cry at the drop of a hat, or the singing of the National Anthem, or even because of a sentimental commercial....so COME ON!  Really?  Why does every movie have to have cheating as the theme?  I'm just saying...I could do without!  So, even though it did end okay, I think Justin and I would have rather passed on this flick.

Lastly we went to this amazing, hip, cool restaurant in Provo called "Communal", if you want to read about them click here.  They are a little more expensive than your typical Provo restaurant, but the unique menu and preparation of the delicious and nearly all locally grown ingredients seems to offset that nicely.  I felt like I was eating at a really cool restaurant in a big city or someone niche like Jackson Hole.  The ambiance of the whole place was cozy but still chic and I loved the beautiful wood flooring and comfortable chaise's.  
 
We had the appetizing pork chop and steak dish, along with a creamy, cheesy potato gratin and roasted squash with apples and thyme.  Dinner was followed by a delightful coffee-cake topped with vanilla ice cream.  So, what I'm trying to say is that I highly recommend this place!

I hope everyone else has a wonderful Valentine's Day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment