Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Bunch of Randomness

I don't know why I always feel like posting in the middle of the night.  Maybe because I can't sleep and I start reading everyone else's blogs?  So, just a little of what I've been up to lately...

We had a fun "offsite" meeting up at the Sundance Resort, up our beautiful Provo Canyon for work.  And even though these meetings tend to be all-day-long, they really are very productive, and now that my team is combined Nu Skin-Pharmanex-Big Planet, with everyone it makes it that much more fun!  I really like everyone I work with and we're going to have a great year!  

This is one of the delicious treats I got to order at the meeting too, yum!

And here's my team!  Good lookin' bunch!


We had Senator Orrin Hatch come visit at Nu Skin also and have a "town hall" meeting with our employees, it was pretty interesting.  He only managed to avoid answering two questions, which was kind of funny.  We weren't sure if he didn't want to answer, or if he just forgot what the question was after he went on some short digressions. Ha ha!



Oh, and there was a shooting at the Smith's grocery store in Provo!!!  It was the craziest thing!  Some guy was stealing some booze, tried to fight the undercover officer, and ended up pulling out a gun when the other police showed up to help.  He ended up getting shot and killed...it's was all a very sad situation.  I luckily wasn't in the store when it happened, I showed up about 10 minutes after I think.  And, I admit I was scared to go shopping for a few days.

One of my favorite things to do right now is go visit the duck pond at the south end of the BYU campus. (smile)  And the biggest reason is that there are so many cute baby ducks right now!  I don't know why, but I really like to watch birds.  When I see, like, geese flying in the V shape, or a flock of exotic birds migrating like cranes, or an owl, or an eagle, or the hawks that circle over Center Street every night, I just have to watch.  Justin suggested I take a "bird watching" class, ha ha, which doesn't actually sound that fun, so maybe my interest kind of limited?  Anyway, my sister Kellie teases me about it, and now Justin thinks I'm obsessed with the baby ducks, but oh well!  They are so darn cute, I just can't resist!  Oh, and I'm very protective of them, Kellie and I "saved" four babies the other day when the mom just left them in the pond and they couldn't find where she went, we took them to her.   And I even told-off some jerk guy the other day who was chasing them all around the park at night trying to scare them.  So beware!  Be nice to animals or you might hear from me! :)
This is one of my favs! There are some turtles in the pond too, and this one was warming himself on the log and found out that the chicks wanted to play "King of the Mountain" on top of him
One other thing for tonight...I don't know why, but I have such a hard time with my calling sometimes.  I teach the "Sunbeams" or the 3 year olds at Church, and some days, I just DREAD getting a lesson together and ready for them.  I don't know why, they are probably easier than most of the other classes, and I know they love me, but I HATE getting the lesson ready.  I always find myself putting it off until the last minute because I am just avoiding it.  Any ideas for me?  I appreciate any comments or suggestions.  I don't like feeling this way, but I'm not sure how to make it better.

So, that's all for now, good-night!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I feel that way about my calling in primary too. And then I start to imagine what it would be like if I got released and had to go to RS and then I remember how much I love my calling! :D

    p.s. I'm due Sept 20th.

    ReplyDelete