Sunday, December 5, 2010

Getting ready for Christmas

I had a great Thanksgiving!  Spent the morning getting food ready and all afternoon with Justin, my Dad, step-mom Susan, and brothers and sisters and family.  Dinner was great as usual and we got to play with babies Aidan and Owen which I love!  We also watched this great movie with my parents later, called Facing the Giants.  It's kind of a low budget movie made by a Christian Church group in 2006.  But, I'm telling you, if you liked The Blind Side, you'll love this movie!  It's all about overcoming obstacles and becoming a better person, but they just add a spiritual element to it.  It's a little cheesy, I won't lie, but the touching and emotional parts make up for it!

The Sunday after, my teaching partner at Church made the cutest little treats for the kids!  Too bad they weren't all there to get one!  Isn't this the cutest thing ever?
I also did quite a bit of "Black Friday" shopping and got some great deals!  One of which was a new TV!  I've been waiting for a great deal and Costco had it!  I got a 32" LED for $260! I'm so happy!  The last TV I bought was a 26" Sony like 7 years ago.  A HUGE box TV that weighs like 60 lbs.!  Check out my new toy!
Lastly, I put up all the Christmas decorations!  I just love making the house all cheery!  I've slowly collected quite a few things and always have fun getting everything out each year.
I'm feeling like I might do some baking and Christmas cards soon too.  Well, at least the baking! Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving and you got a GREAT deal on that TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need a new TV...maybe next black friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! so happy to be living with you and see your cutie decorations every day :)

    ReplyDelete