Sunday, March 6, 2011

I LOVE BASKETBALL!

Wow, it was the last home game today and it was awesome!  The whole team played well, especially in the 2nd half, and really pulled together.  I can't wait to see what they do in the upcoming tournaments! 

One fun thing about this season is I got to spend quite a lot of time with my Dad and Justin.  Because we have student passes through Justin, we ended up in the student section, which means we often had to go wait in line hours before the games just to be able to get in and get a decent seat!  We ended up with really good seats, in rows 11-15 for most of the games.  I have to thank Dad especially for the hours he came and held our place in line, today at 7 AM.  What a great guy huh?

I am not usually a crazy sports fan, but the team this year has just endeared my heart to them.  Each and every one of them has been a standout at some point, but especially my favs- Jackson and Jimmer!  I could go on, but I'm sure most of you won't even know or care what I'm talking about!

Here's a few of my favorite memories from this season:
1. Hanging out with Dad and Justin
2. Taking my nephew Jeremy to his first college game ever!
3. Eating "aggressive" hotdogs and delicious buttery popcorn, just like when I was a kid :)
4. Spilling my drink down 4 sets of stairs, whoops!
5. 9 AM in the "tent line"
6. All those freaking amazing 3-pointers!!
7. Justin getting the whole team to sign his Jimmer jersey
8. Making lots of new friends in line and at the games, including an awesome WWII veteran!
9. Making a bee-line to Portal Y!
10. The awesome Jimmer signs, t-shirts, posters, etc.- I'll have to post some favorite signs in another post because there's too many!
11. Seeing Jimmer, Jackson, Charles, Brandon, and Noah tear it up!!!

 I'll stop at 11 since it's 2011 and 2:11 am and I need to go to bed.  Oh, but one last thing, I was in a flash mob today too!  It was amazing, and even Dad did it! We had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment