Monday, May 23, 2011

Savvy and Smart!

Yes, I did...I decided to start coupon-ing!  I blame reality TV for tempting me with the exposure to women buying $1,200 worth of groceries and only paying $5-$40 out of pocket.  Yeah, I'm probably NOT going to be that extreme, but I definitely always look for ways to save money, and I HATE paying full price for clothes, shoes, or personal care products, so I thought, why should I pay full price for food??

I know I'm totally a rookie here, and I'm sure there are MANY more savvy and smart coupon shoppers than myself, but I'm going to try it for a while and see what happens.  My friend Celina had a great idea about reviewing all the Ads and coupons and just going to Walmart because they price match, which I thought was brilliant.  AND I just found out that all the Utah County Walmart's do Double Coupon Tuesdays!  So that means I'm headed there in about an hour and a half.  I won't have time tomorrow so I have to go tonight!

I actually had some crazy occurrences in the last two days, really quite a start to this week I must say, so I'm actually happy to have something going on tomorrow night to look forward to. (Long story short, but my roommate could have blown up our house last night, and today I got a ticket for not wearing my freaking seat belt on the two-mile commute home!) But about tomorrow...oh yeah, Justin and I are going to see U2 in SLC!  I can't wait!  The last time I saw them was when I was a Senior in High School, we road tripped to Vegas.  Wow, that was a long time ago!

Well, if you have any advice, suggestions, hints, tips, or whatever on coupon-ing, feel free to let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I am not that great at the coupons yet...but I am getting there! It is addictive to try to save money. Adam thinks I am nuts...and I might be!

    ReplyDelete