Sunday, September 11, 2011

Moving forward

You probably thought I'd fallen off the edge of the earth by now right?  It's been what, two months?  Maybe three?  Well, I have had quite a summer...with many life changing things happening.  That's the easiest way to explain it right now I guess, so I hope that's enough.

But I think I'm finally ready to start blogging again.  I've come to terms with what I'm facing, what I have been facing, and I know what I need to do.  I admit I have had a very hard time these last few months, and just have not had the heart or strength or maybe courage to face everyone who's contacted me.  I know there are emails, texts, voice mails, Facebook posts and more that I never responded to...which, if you know me, is very out of character.  So, if you are one of those that I haven't gotten back to yet, I apologize and hope you will understand.

Last week was the first week that I actually really felt like I didn't have a job anymore.  It was weird that the few weeks before just kind of felt like a long vacation, but last week it started to feel real.  I didn't hear from anyone from work at all, and somehow that just made me feel like I was really gone from there.  That those relationships I've had, and people I've seen nearly every day for the last eleven years, were going to change and probably grow apart.  I understand it, I mean, I know what's it's like to be in their shoes.  I've seen others let go over the years and it is hard to see them drift out of your daily life, but you are still busy working, and then you worry about "bothering" them, and you know that they are probably busy moving on too, and somehow it gets hard to keep in touch.  It's just surreal to be going through it on this side.

On the new job-front, things are going okay.  I've had several interviews and one offer already with a local software company, to do marketing, but I'm just not sure it's what I want right now.  I might just try to get a job at a retail store and take it easy for a few months.  Less stress, less time expended.  Plus, it will still give me time to work on my other goals.  I'm trying to lose weight!  It's been a few years since I gained back all my weight lost from 2007 and I am very determined to get there again.  I know I can.  It's already proven to be a challenge, especially with hypothyroidism, but I have an end goal in mind, a timeline, a great coach and lots of support from others.  Plus I have tons of time to work out and eat better food!

Which brings me to my next topic--- vegetarianism!  I feel like God has blessed me so much in life, and especially lately.  I have been so directed and led and shown what I should do.  One of those things was literally just last week when I watched a documentary that my lovely little sister Kellie told me about.   A documentary called "Forks over Knives" which, more than any other information I've ever read or seen before, REALLY affected me and totally convinced me.  I've always been intrigued by the idea, and I do love animals and hate knowing about how the industry processes our food, but it wasn't until seeing this film and understanding what can happen to your body when you don't take care of it, well, it all just made so much sense!  And I didn't want to change to just save animals lives, I wanted to make this change because it would save my life.  It seems so simple now, and inexplicably I just felt like I had to change my way of eating overnight.  I can't say I won't ever eat meat or have dairy, but I strongly feel that 98% of my daily food intake will now consist of only foods from plant sources.  I feel like I have a lot to learn, and will need to learn, in order to keep myself healthy and get all the nutrients I need, but I know it can be done, and I hope it helps with my weight loss goal in the meantime.

So, wish me luck, and hopefully you'll hear from me again quite soon!  Please feel free to leave comments or contact me in other ways, and I promise to get back to you shortly.  XOXO

3 comments:

  1. I miss you. Even though I didn't see you everyday at work. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you posted!! I love you and hope you find exactly what you re looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments friends!

    ReplyDelete